I don’t know about you, but almost every day I am about to choose what I am about to wear, the questions is the same .. what do I wear? or a big sigh comes out along with an “I have NOTHING to wear!” Of course the second is an exaggeration, because in reality I have plenty to wear, but I lack ideas as to how to match or how to put together an outfit with items I already have. THIS is where Pinterest has been a life saver!! It’s like my very own personal stylist! Really, there have been numerous times when I don’t know what to wear my teal skirt with, or whether or not flowers match with stripes – weird I know, but it does actually go!- I am not a big fan of matching everything I wear, I like contrast and sometimes or many times, an outfit doesn’t match, but “it goes” together 🙂 Having more ideas for my wardrobe has allowed me to work with what I have and not feel like I need to buy something that “matches” this or that, aaaaand it has actually given me this new drive to dress up more often 🙂
So, if you are already on Pinterest and don’t quite know how to use a style board to your advantage, here are some things that have helped me get the best out of Pinterest, especially in the style department;
1. Pinning according to my body shape. It’s often that I see the cutest dress or jeans or complete outfit, but that on me would look SO unflattering, so as much as I like it.. I won’t pin it. – I mean, why torture my self! –
2. Pinning pieces that I already own, as opposed to what I wish I owned. Although there is sometimes that one classic piece I would love to buy, 99% of the time I pin pieces I own and in combinations that I would not have thought of. -I know it’s fun to pin pretty things, but do I really want to be constantly looking at my style board and WISH I could have that one outfit? ..umm NO. I rather get ideas with what I have 🙂
3. Pinning to get inspiration, as opposed to wanting to put together the exact same outfit.
4. Pinning practical and realistic outfits. I am not attracted to glam style and I don’t wear mini skirts and so why pin what I am not? … right?!
5. If I already know I want to wear, say …. my white wool skirt, I’ll do a search on “white skirt” and BAM! all these style options appear and so I pin my favorites 🙂
Of course, you can create as many boards as you like and for what ever interest you. So, if you haven’t tried Pinterest yet, what are you waiting for?!! Give it a try and follow along on Pinterest 🙂