I remember thinking over and over again about what my husbands and I were going to wear for the day of our photo session. It finally came down to what I tend to wear on a normal day to day basis, BUT with a bit more effort on my make-up and hair. As for Francis, well, he usually has pretty good sense of style, and I just wanted to make sure he wore his paperboy hat, which he normally wears and is very him 🙂 Aside from that, colors coordinated and it went well with the environment we were going to be in, which was very woodsy. Of course we weren’t planning on going too fancy and since this was a mini shoot, we only had one outfit, but to switch it up I would take my coat off 🙂
Here are a few suggestions to get you started if you have a session coming up;
- Be YOU. If you aren’t a high heals kind of gal…. why wear them?! right?
- Dress for your body type. (I was very self conscious about my tummy area, so I hid it …shhh)
- Have at least two outfits OR layer so you can have the option of switching it up a bit 😉
- Pick your outfit for the type of location and for the season 😉
- If your photographer is like me… we shoot details, so having your nails done is a preeeetty good idea if you think you could possibly be self conscious about them 😉
- Accessories are awesome and can make a very simple outfit go a looong way, don’t be afraid to use them! (Our accessory was Downy… does that count?.. I think so! Ha!)
- Having your Make-up and hair professionally is a good idea, but we don’t all have the budget for it, so just tussle your hair a bit, add pretty peach lip gloss and your done … at least that’s what I did… can you tell? [ insert BIG smile ]
- For an Engagement or couple session, don’t think you have to match. Coordinating is much better! Many times, contrasty colors look best and photograph well.
- And finally ….. in the end is about capturing YOU or you and your honey, so don’t stress too much over it, in the end, the moment and emotions captured are far MORE important. Just have FUN and don’t forget to relax and SMILE!
Even Downey decided to wear his hoodie 🙂
I love boots, so HAD to wear them 😀
Loved Jeimy’s outfit below, patterns are very cool!… I love the polka dots here 🙂
Don’t be afraid of color! to illustrate, here’s a sneak peek of what’s coming up later this week 😉